Table of Contents Show
- Caregiver Jobs
- Child Development Center Work
- Communications and Journalism Jobs
- Construction and skilled trades jobs
- Customer Service Representative
- Data Entry and Typing
- Education Jobs for Teens in Oklahoma
- Food Service Worker Job Description
- Government Jobs
- Health Care Jobs for Teens in Oklahoma
It might be hard to believe, but there are more than 100 jobs that can be found at age 14 in Oklahoma. From babysitting and lawn care to professional photography and library work, these jobs are available to almost anyone with a passion for the field. Finding an ideal job at age 14 may not happen overnight, but with the right attitude and perseverance, you can find one sooner rather than later. Let’s take a look at some of the best jobs for teens in the state of Oklahoma.
Babysitting is a great way for teens to earn extra cash in Oklahoma. Since most parents are grateful for the help, most of the time, you can earn up to $20 an hour. In some cities, there are jobs called “in-home caregivers” who come to your home every day to give care to infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
This job can be a great option for parents who have full-time jobs and need someone to be there for their children when they are not there. With a little preparation, this can be a very profitable job for teens.
To start, you should find out what services are in high demand in your area. Next, you might want to look for local youth organizations, school programs, or community service programs that could be able to refer you to families. You should also reach out to local child care centers to see if they know of any families who are in need of caregivers. Whether you are looking for a few hours a week or full-time employment, you can find good jobs as a babysitter.
Are you good at math? If so, bookkeeping might be a great option for you as a teen in Oklahoma. Although the work might not be as glamorous as other professions, it can be a very useful skill to learn and have on your resume. Many teens who take their accounting classes in high school often find that they love this work. With a little more experience, you could become a certified public accountant (CPA), a tax accountant, or an accounting manager. There are many different positions that you could consider with bookkeeping, including: –
- Accountant – Your job would be to handle the day-to-day details of your business, such as maintaining financial records and receiving payments.
- Financial Manager – This person would be managing your business finances and making sure that you are operating efficiently.
- Bookkeeping Manager – This person would be responsible for the daily operations of a business, including hiring and scheduling employees.
If you are interested in babysitting or want to try your hand at becoming a caregiver for children with special needs, then you should consider becoming a caregiver in Oklahoma. You would be taking care of children with special needs, such as those who have physical or mental impairments, are chronically ill, or are terminally ill. In order to be a caregiver in this field, you must have a high school diploma, a state-issued license, and undergo a criminal background check. Caregivers are needed all over the state of Oklahoma.
There are several organizations that host opportunities such as Meals on Wheels, the Salvation Army, and the Red Cross. Once you have found a job, you must show up on time every day, follow all of the rules and regulations, and make sure that you do not neglect the child in your care. Make sure that they are fed, clean, and have proper hygiene.
Child Development Center Work
If you love working with children, then a job at a child development center might be for you. You could find work at a day or residential care center for kids who need extra care during the week or the weekend. Depending on your experience, you might be able to get a job as a care assistant or a live-in nanny.
If you are interested in this field, you should contact your local daycare or school to see if they have any openings. Even if there are no available positions, you could still volunteer at a center during the summer or after school. This could give you some experience under your belt and help you to network with potential employers.
Communications and Journalism Jobs
If you enjoy writing, editing, or reporting, then you should consider a job in communications and journalism. There are many different places that are looking for reporters, editors, and writers, including newspapers, magazines, public radio stations, television stations, and more. You may also find work as a publicist or a writer for a website.
There are also plenty of positions that require a mix of writing and editing, such as an online content manager or a content manager for an advertising agency.
Construction and skilled trades jobs
If you love working with your hands, then you may want to consider getting a construction job. There are many construction jobs that can be done by high school students. Even better, you can get a job with a union and earn apprenticeship training. You could get a job as a rough or finish carpenter, a site foreman, a heavy equipment operator, or a heavy equipment mechanic.
Customer Service Representative
Do you love talking to people and helping them? If so, you could be a great candidate for a customer service representative. These roles can be found in many businesses, from fast food restaurants to grocery stores. You could also get a job at an insurance company or a financial services company.
Data Entry and Typing
If you are good at typing up sentences or copying and pasting information, then you could try a job as a data entry or transcriptionist. Many companies need this kind of work done to be able to provide services such as healthcare, utilities, and public assistance. If you are interested in this job, you should try to get some experience with typing, either volunteer or for free. When you have enough experience, you can look into the costs of taking a typing course to get certified.
Education Jobs for Teens in Oklahoma
Teaching is a great way for teens to gain some valuable experience in a high-demand field. There are many different teaching jobs that could be a good fit for teens, including: –
- Kindergarten Teacher – In Oklahoma, you must have a bachelor’s degree to teach in public schools. The job should not conflict with your studies.
- Middle School Teacher – In Oklahoma, you must have a high school diploma to teach in public schools. The job should not conflict with your studies.
- High School Teacher – In Oklahoma, you must have a high school diploma or a state teaching certificate to teach in public schools. The job should not conflict with your studies. Teaching jobs can be found in schools, charter schools, universities, and private tutoring services. You should also consider applying to summer camps for teachers, especially if you are interested in secondary education.
Food Service Worker Job Description
Do you like to clean and prepare foods? If so, you may want to consider a job as a food service worker. This type of job is common in schools and universities, as well as government and military facilities. There are many different positions that are available as a food service worker, such as:
- Kitchen Worker – This person is responsible for preparing and serving food in a restaurant or coffee shop.
- Food Runner – This person is in charge of keeping the food warm, serving the customers, and making sure that the kitchen is clean.
- Food Tender – This person is in charge of making sure that all of the customers have food while they are waiting.
If you are interested in government jobs, you should consider applying to a city, county, or state government program. These jobs can be very rewarding, since they help shape the future of your community and state. You can also apply to federal government programs, like the military.
Health Care Jobs for Teens in Oklahoma
If you are interested in a health care job, there are many different positions that you could consider, such as:
- Registered Nurse – This person is responsible for taking care of patients inside a hospital or clinic.
- Medical Assistant – This person is responsible for taking