Google provides scholarships to students who are studying in fields related to computer science and technology. The scholarship covers tuition, fees, room and board, books, and other associated costs. In addition, the scholarship provides a stipend for living expenses.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a university in the United States or Canada for the academic year 2022/2023.
Students must also be studying computer science or a related field, such as engineering, mathematics, or physics. Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
Google teamed up with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that works with students with disabilities as they pursue education and promising careers in the field of computer science, to assist university students with disabilities in working toward their academic goals.
For the 2022-2023 school year, 10,000 USD (for students studying in the United States) or 5,000 CAD (for students studying in Canada) will be given to selected awardees.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or are you considering yourself to have, a visible or hidden disability (see Lime Connect’s approach to disability here)
- At a university for the 2021-22 academic year, you must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student and PHD are welcome to apply.
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- For the 2022-23 academic year, plan to enroll as a full-time student at a college or university in the United States or Canada.
- Have a track record of good academic performance
- Have a passion for computer programming, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities and demonstrate a strong interest in computer science and technology.
- Must not be a previous Google Lime Scholar
- This scholarship position is not available for applicants still High school
How To apply
basically, you will be required to complete an online application through Lime Connect platform, activities such as:
- Account information: The initial steps of creating the account are provided. This involves providing identity documents, such as a passport or birth certificate. Additional information may be requested at this time to complete your application (e.g., contact information and details about your present and planned institutions).
- Submit a current resume/CV
- Submit academic transcripts from past and current institutions of learning (also state any degree you might have bagged)
- A letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser, or supervisor is required.
- Provide responses to three short answer essay questions
Recipients will be chosen based on the overall quality of their essays and application credentials compared to the rest of the applicant pool.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2021.
APPLY: Google Lime Scholarship